Gayatri Puja is very auspicious. Gayatri is the mother of all the vedas. Gayatri pervades everywhere. Gayatri consists of three deities, Gayatri, Savitri, and Saraswati. Of these, the first one is master of the sense, the second is the teacher of truth, and the third is the master of speech. Hence it is a Trinity of the senses, the mind, and speech. She is the Param Sakti (i.e., the sustaining Force that animates all life), the universal mother and the power of god manifestation. She is depicted as sitting on a lotus with the five faces (hence called the Punchamukhi) representing the panca pranas (five basic energy or life forms) and the panca tatwas (five elements) and the ten hands holding the various ayudas (weapons).
Gayatri Mantra is a sacred mantra comprising of praise, meditation, and prayer. First the Divine is praisy aued, then It is meditated upon in reverence, and finally an appeal is made to the Divine to awaken and strengthen the intellect, the discriminating faculty of man. Gayatri is a Mantra devi, the manifestation of all the beeja mantras (i.e., is the shortest form of a Mantra just like a beej (seed) which when sown grows into a tree). Similarly beej mantras of different Gods, when recited together give humans lot of positive energy and blessings of all the Gods. They are the vibrations, and represent the “call” of the soul. The presiding deities of the Gayatri mantra are Gayatri, Savitri and Saraswati.
BENEFITS OF GAYATRI PUJA
- Calms your mind – The Gayatri Mantra actually improves the intellect of a person’s mind and it helps to wash away all the sins and purifies your mind. Also, chanting the mantra increases the level of concentration.
- Improves learning power – As chanting this mantra increases your concentration and thus, your learning power also gets boost up. This mantra activates three chakras in your body which increases concentration that is linked with brain, eyes, pituitary gland and also thyroid gland.
- Improves the pattern of breathing – It is believed that while reciting the mantra it is must that you take deep breaths that improves the functionality of the lungs and thus, improves your breathing condition. Breathing also helps to transport the purified blood all over the body.,
- It keeps the heart healthy – Also, enchanting this particular mantra totally relaxes the pattern of breathing that helps in normalising the heart beat. Also, there are many experts who say that chanting this mantra normalises the blood pressure and keep the diseases out of the body.
- Reduces stress – This mantra also helps to beat all kind of stress and restore power if gets damaged during stress. It also helps to boost your immunity power.
- It also helps to glow your skin – The vibration of this mantra also helps to activate your skin and also helps to get rid of your skin from the harmful toxins.
SIGNIFICANCE OF GAYATRI PUJAN
- Gayatri Jayanti is the day when Sage Vishwamitra first uttered Gayatri Mantra.
- Some people also believed that Goddess Gayatri, the Mother of Vedas, appeared on the earth on the day.
- The supremacy of Gayatri Mantra is narrated in Hindu religious scriptures and Puranas. The greatness of this mantra has been known since the Vedic times.
- As per the legends, Goddess Gayatri is the Supreme Goddess and is also worshipped as Mother Goddess in form of Gayatri Puja.
- Devi Gayatri bestowed her devotees with all spiritual and worldly happiness. Gayatri mantra frees the individual from all the sins.