Jivitputrika Vrat also known as Jivit putrika Puja is a significant fasting day in which mothers observe Nirjala fasting throughout the day and night for well-being of their children. Jivitputrika Vrat 2019 will be celebrated on 22nd September 2019 (Sunday) and you can get all the benefits and blessing of the vrat / pooja.
Jivitputrika puja is observed on Krishna Paksha Ashtami in the month of Ashwin as per Hindu lunar calendar. This fasting is mainly observed in Indian states. Jivitputrika vrat is also known as Jitiya in some parts of India.
The puja process varies from area to area. In some areas women offer a basket full of fruits and local sweet delicacies covering it with a huge leaf or new piece of cloth and then having it unfolded by the sons after the fast ends. Women also form groups and listen to ‘katha’ or a story associated with the fast from an elderly female member. The fast ends as Navami arrives since the fast is observed on ashtami. After the end of the fast the women folk eat several delicacies including the normal food barring non-vegetarian items which is termed ‘parna’.
BENEFITS OF JIVITPUTRIKA VRAT
- Jeevaputika is concluded with the fasting and worship for the fasting son’s longevity.
- Wellbeing of their children.
- The eagle observed the fast with full dedication and completed it.
SIGNIFICANCE OF JIVIT PUTRIKA PUJA
Jivit putrika puja is the protection of sons of the family from all dangers to life. Though, of late people have started doing the Jivitputrika vrat puja for their daughters too which is a healthy change.
- To be healthy, happy and long-lasting for the children, the mothers live for the children.
- In some areas it is also called ‘Jyotia’.
- This is done on the day of Ashtami of Ashwani Mass of Pradosal-Bhavini Ashtami.