Navratri Puja is amongst the most important Hindu festivals. This auspicious festival is celebrated with great zeal and devotion throughout the country. The literal meaning of ‘Navratri’ is ‘nine auspicious nights’. Navratri is a pious festival celebrated in the honor of nine different forms of the Goddess Durga, Lakshmi and Saraswati for nine continuous days. The Goddess of Power is worshipped during these days in order to seek her blessings and protection from any unknown fear and possible threat. The devotees ask for peace and prosperity from the Goddess. The Goddess of power has the supremacy over the creation, preservation and destruction of the universe.
BENEFITS OF NAVRATRI PUJA
- One receives the divine blessings of Maa Durga after performing the Durga puja.
- Worshipping the Goddess during the auspicious time period can bring a lot of benefits.
- One can receive wealth, prosperity in business and success in life.
- One becomes free from the sins performed during the previous births or the present life after performing this puja.
- This puja also helps in safety of bad spirits and the to remove obstacles.
- This puja also helps one to build his self confidence. It helps one to relief from diseases.
- It helps one to fulfill his wishes and desires.
SIGNIFICANCE OF NAVARATRI PUJA
- Navratri puja reminds the people of their traditional values and culture. It is a festival of worshipping Shakti.
- During Navratri Puja, people chant mantras, sing bhajans and perform puja.
- These devotional activities make the whole environment very religious, pure and peaceful.
- It purifies the mind & heart by removing all the negativities.
- Navratri puja generates the spirituality and kills all the evils & bad thoughts.
- However, Navaratri has a message for those who lead a worldly life. They should invoke Durga to surmount obstacles, pray to Goddess Lakshmi for prosperity, and worship Goddess Saraswati to gain knowledge.