Venus in Vedic Mythology
Śukra, the Sanskrit for “brightness, clearness”, is the name of the son of Bhṛigu and preceptor of the Daityas and the guru of the Asuras, identified with the planet Venus, one of the Navagrahas. In Hindu Mythology, ‘Sukra’ is also described as ‘Sukracharya’. Shukra and Brihaspati studied under the same guru, Sage Angirasa. Shukra was more knowledgeable than Brihaspati and became famous for his ability to resurrect people. With his penance to Lord Shiva, Sukra obtained ‘Sanjivani Mantra’ Later on he became guru of ‘Asuras’ , helped them achieve victory over the Devas and used his knowledge to revive the dead and wounded among them.
Venus in Vedic Astrology
Venus is the lord of Taurus &Libra and Pisces is its exalted sign, while Virgo is said to be its debilitated sign. Out of 27 Nakshatras, Venus has lordship of Bharani, PoorvaPhalguni and Poorvashadha. Among the planets, Mercury and Saturn are friendly planets of Venus, and Sun and Moon are considered to be its enemy planets.
The planet Venus is the significator of material happiness, prosperity, fame, indulgence luxury, beauty, lust and opulence. Well placed and exalted Venus blesses the native with immense wealth, beautiful wife and luxurious home. If Venus is predominant in a person’s horoscope, then his life passes very happily and peacefully. One enjoys all kinds of material pleasures. On the other hand, the weakening of Venus in the horoscope causes financial problems and lack of material things.The arrival of poverty in life is strongly associated with affliction of the planet Venus
Effect of Afflicted Venus
- Unhappiness in married life.
- Native lives in a distressed environment.
- Struggles in terms of liquid wealth and lack of happiness
- Even if a person is wealthy, he does not enjoy happiness.
- Native remains troubled in the matter of love and feelings.
Vedic Mantra of Venus and benefits
SomamPrajaapatiRiten Satyam IndriyamVipanarthh;
ॐअन्नात्परिस्त्रुतोरसंब्रह्मणाव्यपिबत्क्षत्रंपय: | सोमंप्रजापति:ऋतेनसत्यमिन्द्रियंविपानशुक्रमन्धसइन्द्रस्येन्द्रियमिदंपयोअमृतंमधु।।
- 16000 Vedic mantra chanting of Shukra is recommended by Sage Parasara
- Improves love and married life.
- Helps in achieving all kinds of material comforts.
- Cures diseases related to sexual organs.
- Brings relief from urinary tract infection.
- Helps in attaining luxurious home and vehicles.