Kala Bhairav is the guardian deity of Kashi. He occupies the position of a guard/ watchman with a dog as his vehicle, and is regarded as one of the forms of Shiva himself. In Kashi, there are 8 Bhairav temples, collectively called AshtaBhairav. These are – Kala Bhairav, Dhandapani, Veera Bhairav, BatukBhairav, AashuBhairav, AanandaBhairav, Rudra Bhairav and RuruBhairav. These comprises of the Shri Asht Bhairav Darshan Yatra.
Among these, Kala Bhairav is the most important one, visited by all those who visit Kashi. Dhandapani, or the one who wields a stick, is the one who decides on the punishment, while Kala Bhairav is the one who enforces his decision. In the words of our guide, Dhandapani is the commissioner, while Kala Bhairav is the constable. As usual, it is the constable who is more feared, than the commissioner himself!
The specialty of this temple is the sacred thread available there. These threads, known as Kashi threads, are supposed to ward off evil forces, and are in great demand.
BENEFITS OF ASHTBHAIRAV DARSHAN YATRA
- It protects his devotees from dreadful enemies, greed, lust and anger.
- These enemies are dangerous as they never allow us to seek God within.
- Its beneficiary to get divine for blessing of lord bhairav.
- Protection from evil spirits.
- Eliminates the negative energies.
- Helps in keeping the journey safe.
- Progress in life.
- Success in the task and prosperity.
- Serves the happiness in the family.
SIGNIFICANCE OF KALA BHAIRAV DARSHAN YATRA
- Time management is an essential one for everyone while carrying out different types of activities.
- At the same time, many people often face problems in this process which lead to failures.
- A Kala Bhairava Yantra is a suitable one for those who want to improve the skills for handling time efficiently.