Akshaya Tritiya Puja is also known as Akha Teej, is a highly auspicious and sacred day for the Hindu and Jain communities. It falls on the 3rd Tithi (lunar day) of the bright half (Shukla Paksha) of the Indian month of Vaishakha. Akshaya Tritiya is considered one of the luckiest days by Hindus because the Sun and the Moon are at the height of their brightness on this day. It is considered especially auspicious if this day falls in conjunction with Rohini Nakshatra.
It is believed that Lord Parashuram, the sixth incarnation of Vishnu was born on this day. It is also said that Ved Vyas and Lord Ganesha started writing the great epic Mahabharata on this day. For Jains, this day marks the end of the one-year fast by Tirthankara Rishabha.
Akshaya means “Endless” or that which never diminishes. As per Vedic astrology, the three lunar days, Yugadi, Akshaya Tritiya, and Vijay Dashami do not need any Muhurta for starting new ventures as these three days are free from all malefic effects. So there is no need to check the auspicious time to do any good deeds (kaarya) because each and every moment of these days is propitious. Thus Akshaya Tritiya is an auspicious day to start new ventures as any endeavor started on this day will grow and bring prosperity. The benefits of performing rituals such as Japa, Yagya, Pitra-Tarpan, Dan-Punya on this day stay perpetually with the worshipper.
BENEFITS OF AKSHAYA TRITIYA PUJA
- Day long fasting dedicated to Lord Vishnu.
- Worshipping Lakshminarayana form of Lord Vishnu.
- Purchasing gold in form of jewelry and coins.
- Conducing marriages and house warming ceremony.
- Buying new vehicle.
- Taking bath in Ganges and other sacred places.
- Performing Tarpan for deceased ancestors.
- Offering charity to Brahmins or those in need.
- Conducting Hawan.
SIGNIFICANCE OF AKSHAY TRITIYA
- Akshaya thritiya is very interesting.
- Like every other Indian Hindu festivals, akshaya thritiya or the gold festival is based on some fascinating myths and ancient stories.
- It is believed that if you donate heartily on this holy day, you get the blessings of the Almighty to have more in life.