Satyanarayan Katha or Satyanarayan Puja is one of the best & easiest ways to seek blessings from Lord Vishnu, who is the God responsible for maintenance of this Universe. Typically Satyanarayan Pooja is to be performed before and/or after the fulfillment of our desires e.g. if you want to achieve some important milestones in your life like success in higher education, success in career, promotion, buying a new vehicle, new house, starting a new business, negotiating big professional deals etc. Satyanarayana puja is also useful if someone in the family is not well. In order to maintain general happiness, prosperity and well being of the family it is advisable to perform Satyanarayan Pooja at least once every year. There is no hard and fast rule as to when Satyanarayan Pooja to be performed. Morning or evening time is ideal for Pooja. You can perform it after major achievements in life. So also it is ideal to perform Satyanarayan Pooja once every year. It is a great auspicious occasions to invite friends and relatives. It is a custom to have some program of singing, dancing, playing musical instruments etc. with well wisher friends and relatives after the pooja is over. Satyanarayan puja is to be performed on an auspicious day in consultation with Panditji. Satyanarayan katha is about 3.5 to 4 hours Pooja.
BENEFITS OF SATYANARAYAN KATHA
- Performing Satyanarayan puja at home can bring in success. People who do this puja can achieve their goals and fulfil their aspirations.
- It can also improve physical and mental health of individuals drastically.
- It can help devotees enjoy a fulfilling material life and increases overall familial prosperity too.
- It can remove all sins from the past life.
SIGNIFICANCE OF SATYANARAYAN POOJA
- Spiritual of Satyarayan Puja: Satya means Truth. Narayan means the one that abides in everything and everybody. Therefore, this puja, or the worship of Satyanarayan, a form of the Lord Vishnu, suggests that to overcome problems and difficulties in life caused either due to deeds of previous birth or similar factors can be overcome by worshipping the lord of Truth. Devoting time to the Truth and worshipping is a way of being truthful to oneself and being truthful to others. The more honest and trutful we come, the better we can worshop the Lord Narayan in ourselves as well as others.
- Bringing Friends and Families Together: The purpose of Satynarayan Puja is also to bring friends and family together and encourage unity and harmony. It is a common belief amongst Hindus that we should focus on universal happiness and unity. Thus, a celebration like this can make the world one fine place to gather together and offer prayers and rituals.