Significance of Sawan Shivratri & Method of Shiv Pujan
Masik Shivratri is one of the most auspicious days for Hindus as on this day Lord Shiva appeared in the form of Linga for the first time. According to the Hindu calendar, this day falls every month on the Chaturdashi Tithi, the 14th day of Krishna Paksha. Masik Shivratri of Ashadh month is being observed today, July 8, 2021. On this day, devotees worship Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati and seek their blessing for a prosperous and peaceful life by observing a day-long fast. Also, as per Hindu belief, if an unmarried girl observes a fast on Masik Shivratri, Lord Shiva bestows her with a suitable groom.
The favorite month of Lord Shiv Shankar is considered to be Shravan, every day of Sawan is best and best for worshiping Lord Shiva. We get their blessings by worshiping Bholenath and Mother Parvati ji on every day of Sawan, be it Sawan Monday fast or Mangala Gori fast in the month of Sawan, both are the best means to get the blessings of Shiva and Shakti. In this way, you can get happiness in your life by worshiping Lord Shiva Shankar and Goddess Parvati.
Significance of Sawan Shivratri
- There is such a belief about the Shivaratri of Sawan that on this day Lord Shankar hears the calls of the devotees in you very soon. The special day of Lord Shankar is considered to be Monday and the month is considered as Sawan.
- It is believed that fasting on Shivaratri of Sawan with a pure heart washes away your sins.
- Unmarried girls observe a fast on this day and pray for a good life partner and married women observe this fast to fulfill the wishes of their marriage and long life.
- By observing this fast, one gets peace in the house and the power to fight against difficult situations.
Method of Shiv Pujan
- After taking bath in the morning on the day of Sawan Shivratri, burn it in the temple of the house.
- Do Jalabhishek of Shivling with Ganges water.
- If there is no Ganges water, you can also anoint Baba with clean water.
- After this, offer pair of Janeu, flowers, Bel leaves, Datura, etc. on Shivling and while offering Lord Shiva, keeping Parvati in mind, boys should chant Om Namah Shivaya but girls should chant only Namah Shivaye.
- In this way, Worship and do aarti to Lord Shankar and Mother Parvati.
- After that, tell God about your wishes and request to fulfill them, Shiva Shankar is definitely pleased with the worship done with true devotion.