Lord Ganesha is worshipped with all sixteen rituals along with chanting of Puranik Mantra during Ganesh Chaturthi Puja which is also known as Vinayaka Chaturthi Puja. Worshipping Gods and Goddesses with all 16 rituals is known as Shodashopachara Puja.
Although Ganesh Puja can be done during Pratahkala, Madhyahnakala and Sayankala but Madhyahnakala is preferred during Ganesha Chaturthi Puja. Madhyahnakala Puja time for Ganesha Puja can be known at Ganesha Chaturthi Puja Muhurat
If you have Lord Ganesha at your home and are worshipped daily then Avahana and Pratishthapan should be skipped as these two rituals are done for newly bought statues of Lord Ganesha either made of clay or made of metal. It should be noted that the statue of Lord Ganesha at home is not given to Visarjan but given Utthapana at the end of Puja.
BENEFITS OF GANESH CHATURTHI PUJA
- Worshipping Lord Ganesha brings good fortune to one’s personal and professional life.
- This puja helps one become wise and knowledgeable.
- The souls of the worshipers are purified by the grace of Lord Ganesh.
- Financial difficulties are resolved easily by performing Ganesh puja and one can gain great success in their business.
- Helps to control the influence of the rajas and tamas gunas of the worshipers.
- Activates the adnya chakra of the devotee.
- Lord Ganesh is worshipped before the puja of any other god and before starting any new professional ventures.
- Ganesh puja during the auspicious occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi increases the effect of this puja manifold.
SIGNIFICANCE OF GANESHA POOJA
- Ganesh is the favorite God of children all across the country as he is seen as a child God.
- His appearance is unique as he has an elephant’s head and his potbelly is a sign of prosperity.
- Ganesh is very fond of Modak which is an amazing sweet delicacy for us Indians.
- Ganesh is known as Ganapati or the Lord of the people and thus he is the most lovable to everyone.
- Ganesh is not just a Hindu God as even Jains, Buddhists, and Christians all over the world worship and love him.
- As Lord Ganesh is the remover of obstacles, he is worshiped before the worship of any other God and during the inaugurations of any special occasion.
- Lord Ganesh can be worshiped at any time and at any place and so it is easy for devotees to seek his blessings.
- Hindu mythology is full of different interesting tales of Lord Ganesh’s greatness and superiority.
- Lord Ganesh is the son of Lord Shiva and Mata Parvati who are the most superior forces in the Universe.
- Lord Ganesh was the scribe of the Mahabharata, which is one of the most important books of Hindu mythology.