What Is The Real Story Behind Akshaya Tritiya?
Akshaya Tritiya or ‘Akha Teej’ is one of the most remarkable and propitious days celebrated in the Hindu community. As per the Hindu lunar calendar 2021, this year, Akshaya Tritiya will occur on 15th May. The entire Hindu community believes that everything would go in your favor if you start a new business or purchase something like gold ornaments or vehicles.
Akshaya Tritiya Puja is the symbol of luck, happiness, and fortune. This day mostly occurs in the Vaishaka month, which means between April-May. In the northern part of India, Akshaya Tritiya is also known as ‘Akha Teej.’
The stories and incidents related to Akshaya Tritiya make it more exciting and auspicious. Today, we’ll explain some of the prominent stories behind Akshaya Tritiya.
The Incidents And Stories Of Akshaya Tritiya
- On Akha Teej, Jain followers honor their first god, Lord Adinatha.
- This was the day when Kuberworshipped Goddess Lakshmi, and assigned Kuber the job of treasurer. As a result, everyone prefers buying gold ornaments on this day.
- On this day, the Holy Ganga river descended straight from heaven to earth.
- As per Mahabharata, Lord Krishna gave ‘AkshayaPatra’ to the Pandava brothers. Akshaya Patra was a bowl used to produce an unlimited amount of food for all the Pandava brothers.
- On Akha Teej, the Goddess Annapurna was also born.
- This was the day when Lord Krishna gave all his wealth and fortune to his poor yet best friend, Sudama.
- Akshaya Tritiya is also considered the birth anniversary of Lord Parshuram. While conducting pujas on this day, many devotees also sing the bhajans of Lord Parshuram.
- Last but not least, Ved Vyasa and Lord Ganesha began to write the incidents of Mahabharata.
When so many incidents and stories are related to this day, Akshaya Tritiya cannot be overlooked. If you want 2021 should be in your favor, start something new or purchase some valuables for your family members!